You may have hear about a heat pump and have an idea of what it actually does, but we’re certain many of our customers have questions about heat pumps. So, let’s take a stab at answering some of them for you.
Here are 5 common heat pump questions.
- How do I operate a heat pump in winter? – Heat pumps do work well in all climates, but in a place like Toronto where winters can be super cold at times they might be best used in addition to other heat sources. If you already have a furnace or baseboard heating then a heat pump is perfect on cool days. On really cold days you can rely on your furnace. This saves you lots of money because you aren’t always running your furnace to heat the whole house, when you might only need a single room heated.
- Are heat pumps efficient? – Heat pumps can be very efficient when installed and run correctly. Minimum cooling efficiency standards for heat pumps were just raised to 14 SEER across the country, and there are models that reach 20 SEER and above!
- What size heat pump do I need? – There are lots of sizes when it comes to installing a heat pump. One of our experienced technicians will come to your home and evaluate your space to find out what size is perfect for your home and needs.
- How much does a heat pump cost? – The cost of a heat pump will cary depending on the size, the brand and the features that you need. We provide you with a free estimate for the purchase and installation of your heat pump so you know the cost up front. With Dr. Ductless there are no hidden fees either.
- How does a heat pump work? – Well, a heat pump actually works exactly like a ductless air conditioner. The main difference is that a heat pump also produces heat. The heat pump is able to reverse the flow of refrigerant and provide electric heating power. Because this is heat transfer, it can be more efficient than using an air conditioner with electric backup heating strips.
For more information about heat pumps or to get a free estimate contact us today. With Dr. Ductless we’ve got over 35 years of experience, so you know we have the knowledge to properly install your heat pump or ductless air conditioner. Call for a free estimate: 1.866.482.2767